What are Silicone Wedding Bands? | Enso Rings
What are Silicone Wedding Bands?
For thousands of years couples have exchanged rings as a way to show their love and commitment in a relationship, most often today in marriage. There is evidence that the tradition could go back as far as the ancient Egyptians more than 6,000 years ago, who would weave rings out of grass as a symbol of eternal love, a circle with no beginning and no end. Over time rings were made of increasingly rare and expensive materials—the more expensive the material, the greater your love for that person it was believed—and today the tradition continues, most often with rare or precious metals.
Unfortunately, the traditional metal ring doesn’t work for everyone, and for years that meant that people working in professions with industrial equipment, heavy machinery, electrical current, or those who participated in things like sports and daily workouts, had to remove their wedding ring.
Enter the silicone wedding band, an option that has been around for more than 20 years, but the popularity has only recently taken off as millions of people realized that the comfort, durability, and affordability of silicone wedding bands was preferable to the restrictions of more traditional wedding rings.
Silicone wedding bands offer several features that make them an ideal choice:
- Comfort – a ring that moves, bends, and adjusts to your finger all day
- Durability – made of material designed to withstand even the harshest conditions
- Safety – you’re not at risk of losing a finger if it gets caught on something
- Style – with hundreds of colors and styles to choose from, you can find a silicone wedding band that fits your personality
- Quality – made of hypo-allergenic materials so it won’t cause an allergic reaction, and you can easily clean and sanitize it if it gets dirty
- Affordability – silicone wedding bands offer an affordable alternative to metal rings and look just as good on your finger
If you’re considering a silicone wedding band, whether it’s to replace your traditional metal ring completely or just to use occasionally when a metal wedding ring won’t work, shop the huge selection at Enso Rings to find the one perfectly suited for you.